If you want to use the digital services of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, you need a university ID. This allows you to access various services of the university:
- Eduroam (Wi-Fi)
- Digital services of the ULB (journals, databases, ...)
Scientific employees and university lecturers at the UKD automatically receive a university ID from the Center for Information and Media Technology (ZIM) of the HHU. Please contact the ZIM user office directly for your initial password by e-mail. You will then receive your password letter by mail.
Upon request, the following groups of persons will receive a university identification:
- Non-scientific employees
- Scientists from cooperations
- Staff members of affiliated institutes (IUF/ DDZ)
- Visiting scientists
- University professors in retirement
- Students from educational institutions of the UKD or HHU
- Lecturers without employment at the UKD or HHU
- PDs and apl. prof. of the medical faculty of the HHU
- External lecturers
Please note the IT user regulations at HHU.
Please note that requests from lecturers who wish to have VPN access to Heinrich Heine University and the digital services of the ULB can only be approved if proof of teaching performance is provided:
- Teaching survey for private lecturers and apl. professors of the Medical Faculty of HHU.
- Teaching assignment for external lecturers
Please always attach a copy/scan/fax of the teaching survey or the application for a teaching assignment or teaching assignment already granted to the application for a university identification.