Would you like to use the skills lab outside of our courses and electives? Whether it is to prepare for the clinical-practical part of the intermediate medical examination, for clinical clerkships, the PJ, or simply to use the Internet and multimedia learning opportunities: we are happy to make our rooms and equipment available to you for free practice!
Between 10:00 and 18:00 you can use the rooms of the skills lab as a student. You are welcome to make a reservation by phone or e-mail or to make an appointment directly in person at the skills lab. This is especially advisable at exam times, as experience has shown that the crowds there are relatively large.
- Exercise materials can be borrowed by handing in your student ID as a deposit at the office. Please remember to pick up the materials after returning them.
- For the use of sono devices a photo ID must be deposited as a deposit!
- Please bring a towel with you!
- The rooms are to be left in a tidy condition.
If you would like to book a room in the skills lab, just send us an email. Our room booking team will be happy to take care of your request.
In the skills lab, it is possible for students to use ultrasound equipment to practice sonography. The free sonography is mainly used to deepen the knowledge learned in the sonography electives, but is also available outside of the electives. The booking is done via the link "booking sonography equipment" with the university ID and is possible per person for 1.5h/day. Modern ultrasound devices (6 with FKDS function) are available as well as sonic gel and paper towels. For free sonography you have to bring your own towels as a support.
The correct performance of sonography with structured reporting can be learned in our three-part sonography elective course (abdominal sonography (basic and advanced course) and FKDS).
Here you can get an overview of our equipment. All materials marked with * can be borrowed or used during free practice times.
Exercise materials and equipment
- 15 sonography devices *
- 6 of them with FKDS - function (color coded duplex sonography)
- Ophthalmoscopy trainer: for playful learning of ophthalmology
- ECG devices *
- Lumbar puncture models
- Long-term vascular access trainer "Chester Chest
- SAM auscultation trainer
- Catheterization models (male / female) for placing a bladder catheter
- Examination couches
- Venipuncture pads for blood sampling and placement of intravenous lines *
- Skin suture benches and suture material for learning and practicing skin sutures *
- Dressing material *
- RR - measuring devices *
- Stethoscopes *
- Teaching stethoscopes: simultaneous listening by two persons (two earpieces, one chestpiece)
- Tuning forks for testing vibratory sensation and for hearing tests *
- Protractors and measuring tapes for clinical tests on joints *
- Penlights e.g. for testing pupillary response *
- Computers and laptops with Internet access *
If you would like to book a room in the skills lab, simply send us an email. Our room booking team will be happy to take care of your request.