The MME program is intended to give potential leaders in our faculty, who are responsible for the planning and for the organizational implementation of medical studies, the chance to deal with modern educational theories and teaching methods from a practical point of view and to become competently active as multipliers of new ways in medical education, especially also didactic techniques.
In the German-speaking countries there are two MME study programs:
Postgraduate Master of Medical Education (MME) program, Germany.
MME program at the University of Bern, Switzerland
- Professionalization of medical education
- Increasing the quality of teaching
- Qualification of multipliers and leaders
- especially at medical faculties
- Promotion of nationwide exchange
- Promotion of high-quality educational research
- 9 times one week attendance study (spread over 2 years) at different locations on different topics of medical didactics and curriculum development
- Preparation and follow-up tasks (individual or group tasks) corresponding to the respective weekly modules with time constraints
- Preparation of a project work based on a teaching project to be carried out in the respective faculty and promising sustainability and added value for the faculty
- Preparation of a master's thesis in the field of medicine-related teaching and learning research with the claim of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our faculty annually awards a scholarship for participation in the MME program. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees of €20,000.
For your application you need
a letter of motivation and
a project outline that can be implemented in six months.
Please address your application to the Associate Dean for Teaching and Study Quality. The deadline for applications is January 31st of each year.
You will then present your project outline to the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and the Commission for Quality Improvement in Teaching and Learning. They will decide on the awarding of the scholarship.