The new building bundles facilities that were previously scattered on the grounds of the University Hospital Düsseldorf, the campus of Heinrich Heine University (HHU) and in the city area of the state capital. The four-storey building with a floor space of 4148 square metres contains a total of 230 workplaces and 340 seminar room places. Almost all institutions have already moved into the research centre in August/September 2019.
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Prof. Dr. Nikolaj Klöcker, compliments: "The spatial concentration in this bright modern building is very advantageous for the faculty. The short distances promote professional exchange between the scientists and our students have a central contact point on the UKD campus for their concerns." The groundbreaking ceremony took place in October 2016, and construction took two years.
Dean's Office and Office of the Dean of Studies of the Faculty of Medicine
Institutes of the Centre for Health and Society (chs):
- Institute of General Practice
- Institute of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine
- Institute of History, Philosophy and Ethics of Medicine
- Institute of Medical Sociology
- Section of Public Health / Postgraduate Course in Public Health
- Institute of Health Services Research and Health Economics
- Future Institute of Biometry and Bioinformatics
as well as:
- Phantom workrooms from the "preclinical" section of dentistry
- Research EEG of the Clinical Institute of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy