"Studying without disabilities" - The Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf has set itself the goal of implementing this maxim.
During the consultation hours of the advisory office of the representative for students with disabilities or chronic illness (BBST), the support needs of the students concerned during their studies are discussed.
In addition to personal counseling and group offerings, the BBST offers a wide range of support in everyday university life:
- Technical aids
- Compensation for disadvantages
- Assistance when needed (companionship, writing assistance, reading aloud, cafeteria, etc.)
- Barrier-free access
- Implementation service
- Euro key
- Mediation between students and lecturers
- Mediation of paid internships
- Advice for lecturers and other professionals
With the help of the representative, Daniela Langer, individual solutions can be considered and concrete compensation for disadvantages, such as modified deadlines and the extension of writing time in exams, can be applied. Furthermore, the student working group "Campus Barrier Free" is guided by her.